Monday, March 19, 2007

Saturday Psalm

As the deer longs for flowing streams
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God.
When shall I come and behold the face of God?
my tears have been my food day and night,
while people say to me continually, "Where is your god?"

These things I remember as I pour out my soul:
how I went with the throng,
and led them in procession to the house of God,
with glad shouts and songs of thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival.
Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my help and my God.

My soul is cast down within me;
therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep at the thunder of your cataracts;
all your waves and your billows have gone over me.
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is wiht me.
a prayer to the god of my life.

I say to God, my rock, "why have you forgotten me?
Why must I walk about mournfully because the enemy oppresses me?"
As with a deadly wound in my body, my adversaries taunt me,
while they say to me continually, "Where is your God?"

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you disquited within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my help and my God.

Psalm 42

No comments: